Plastic & Die Casting Ltd was founded in 1937 in Christchurch, New Zealand. The business was purchased by the then Bob Stewart in 1957 and renamed PDL Industries Ltd. It was Sir Robertson Stewart's vision and energy that saw PDL grow and thrive in the following decades. In fact in 60 years the business grew from 12 staff and sales of NZD5000 per annum to 2000 staff and NZD350m sales across 3 continents.
This success was founded strongly on people and product. Combining a 'can do' attitude with pioneering innovation and excellence of quality in electrical products was a winning formula nearly 70 years ago, and it remains so today.
Schneider Electric acquired the PDL group in 2001, recognising these strengths and with a desire to build on them. Within the Schneider Electric group, PDL products continue to be sold around the world. Today the brand is used on both electrical and electronic products in many markets, with a reputation that was over 60 years in the making.