Frequently asked questions
Video: How do you set up PID control on the ATV21 and ATV212 drives?
22 October 2021
PID control setup on ATV21 and ATV212 drives?
Altivar ATV21 and ATV212, S-Flex enclosed.
Setting up PID control on the ATV21 and ATV212 drives.
- Press the mode button until you see AUF
- Arrow down to F------ and press enter
- Find F360 and press enter choose your PID feedback assignment and to activate your PID function
- 1 for VIA
- 2 for VIB
- Set to 3 if you want to use the up and down arrows as your set point.
- Set to 1 for VIA or 2 for VIB if you want your analog input to be your set point.
Please note: it is not a good idea to set up to set your PID feedback F360 to 1 VIA and your set point FNOD to 1 VIA.
Basic setup for a 4-20mA signal input for PID feedback would be:
F360= 1 (enable PID and feedback is VIA 4 to 20mA)
FNOD= 3 (up and down arrows are your set point.
F362=PID proportional gain
F363= PID integral gain
F380 = 1 for Reverse acting (0 = deactivated)
Ref manual 30072-451-63