Frequently asked questions
What can cause an E-19 on an ATV212 drive?
02 October 2023Issue:
E-19 on display
S-Flex enclosed ATV212
All models and serial numbers
Communication error between control CPU's
This is a CPU Communications Error
- Check the environment (electromagnetic Compatibility or EMC).
- Ensure proper grounding of the drive and the motor.
- Ensure proper separation of control and communication wiring from power wiring (line and load).
- Use shielded cable for analog and serial communication and follow proper shielding/grounding practices.
In certain cases, high switching frequency (F300: Switch. freq. level) may contribute to an E-19 error, so if all the above had been confirmed and the issue remains, change F300 to 6 kHz and test.
If issue remains,
- Power down and after the display is blank, remove all control wiring and then reapply power and see if the fault returns.
- Check that no external +24v supply is connected to the control terminals. If external 24V is used, disconnect it and then test to see if it may be a source of noise.
- With no power applied, check internal connections on the control terminals as well as the connection between circuit boards that are visible without disassembly.