Advantage and preferred uses
- XSAVxx inductive sensors for rotation control have the special feature of combining data acquisition functions and processing by a pulse comparator in a single unit, thus creating an integrated rotation control device.
- These devices provide a good solution for monitoring slip, belt break, coupling break, overloads, etc. in the following applications: conveyor belts, bucket elevators, lifting screws, grinders, crushers, pumps, centrifugal drying machines, mixing machines, etc.
The output signal of this type of sensor is processed by a pulse comparator integrated in the device.
The frequency of the pulses Fc emitted by the moving element to be monitored is compared with the frequency Fr preset on the device.
The output switching circuit of the sensor is at closed state when Fc > Fr and open state when Fc < Fr.
XSA-V sensors are particularly suitable for underspeed detection: when the speed of the moving element to be monitored Fc falls below a preset threshold Fr following deceleration, this detection leads to opening of the device's output circuit.
- Two ratings: 0.1 Hz-2.5 Hz and 2 Hz-50 Hz
- Cylindrical inductive sensor, diameter 30
- Range 10 mm
- Detection and comparison of pulses are integrated in the device
- The frequency is preset in the device using a 15-turn potentiometer
- Caution: The adjustment of the threshold is not linear according to the number of turns
- For both ratings there is a 3-wire model with 12-48 VDC power supply and a 2-wire model with 24-240 VAC or 24-210 VDC power supply
- Rotation monitoring becomes effective 9 s after the sensor MST
- Connection via 2 m cable