Can an unloaded motor be tested with an ATS22 Softstarter?
Shop tests, unloaded motor
Testing the ATS with an unloaded motor, usually trips the ATS22 with SSCr.
After entering the correct motor data, set the following parameters:
- LAC = ON
- t90 = Factory 30 change to 10. ( Due to No Load connected and monitor ramp acceleration. This value to be changed back or increased when in the field under actual start-up )
- ILt = Factor 350 change to 200% for Shop Testing. ( Value to be changed in the field if Current Limit trips out )
- tLS = Factory 15s change to 60s for Shop Testing. ( Changed back to 15s after completion of testing )
- ACC = Factory 10s change to 60s for Shop Testing. ( Changed back to 10s after completion of testing )
- SSC = Factory On, changed to oFF. ( Using Voltage control vs. Torque )
- ItH = On. ( Factory is On)