Plastic & Die Casting Ltd was founded in 1937 in Christchurch, New Zealand. The business was purchased by Bob Stewart in 1957 and renamed PDL Industries Ltd. It was Sir Robertson Stewart’s vision and energy that saw PDL grow and thrive in the suceeding decades. Within 60 years, the business grew from 12 staff and sales of NZD5000 per annum to 2000 staff and NZD350m sales across 3 continents. This success was founded strongly on people and product. Combining a ‘can do’ attitude with pioneering innovation and excellence of quality in electrical products was a winning formula nearly 70 years ago, and it remains so today.