21 September 2021
Process for upgrading StruxureWare Data Center Expert.Product Line
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (DCE)
- Basic Appliance (AP9465)
- Standard Appliance (AP9470)
- Enterprise Appliance (AP9475)
- Virtual Appliance (AP94VMACT)
StruxureWare Data Center Expert (all versions)Resolution:
You must have a valid currently active software support contract to receive upgrade files.
for instructions on preparing for the upgrade, which include:
- Receiving upgrade files from technical support.
- Verifying the Checksum (integrity) of upgrade files.
- Virtual Appliance hard disk requirements.
- Creating a Backup before upgrading.
1) Download the upgrade.zip file and verify the checksum.
2) Extract the downloaded upgrade.zip file.
3) Login to the DCE Desktop Client, select the Updates Menu, and then select Apply Server Update.
4) Select Import and navigate to the extracted upgrade file. Select Open.
5) Select Install Update to start upgrading the server.
6) Monitor the progress of the update on the web interface of DCE.NOTE:
Upgrades usually take an hour or less to complete, but for certain upgrades it may take significantly longer depending on the number of devices and amount of historical data.
7) When prompted for login on the web interface, log in and install the new desktop client. Instructions for downloading and installing the desktop client can be found in knowledge base FA272226