28 September 2021
FrF fault on the ATS48 Soft Starters.Product Line:
Line frequency is out of tolerance when control power is applied. The default setting for FrC parameter (Line Frequency) is AUt. The range for this setting is plus/minus 5%.Resolution:
- Change Parameter FrC from AUt to 60. This changes the tolerance to plus/minus 20%.
- Remove and inspect the green terminal strips at the bottom of the softstart. Securely reinstall the strips.
- Confirm that control power is present on CL1-CL2 terminals before a Run command is given. Delay the Run command until nLP or rdY codes appear on the display.
- Check to see if they are using a generator for power. If so, check the frequency of the line to see if it is out of tolerance. Upgrade the generator if necessary. The FrC setting accommodates Class 1, 2 or 3 generators as defined by the Electrical Generating Systems Association.
- Contact the Drives Product Support Group if the fault continues after corrective action.